Welcome to our BLOG!

FYEP is an award winning, full time, Event Planning, Design, Consulting and Dessert/Candy Buffets boutique specializing in all types of social, special events, weddings and more. We are committed to unsurpassed customer service, attention to detail and through this process we bring a fresh, contemporary approach to planning events. We are young, innovative, creative, imaginative, classy, fun, modern, chic, unique, happy and sweet and are waiting to assist you on your next event. Get comfy, take a look around and if you have questions, please feel free to contact us or leave a comment. We'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I've been married for 18 months!

Today marks 18 months of being married to a wonderful man. I can’t believe how fast it's gone by! Where does time go? A lot has happened since April 29, 2007, being married has brought us even closer, we’ve learned more about one another, and our love grows stronger as each day goes by.


Who said being married is a fairly tale?...NOT! It is not all champagne and roses. We both have managed to get under each other’s skin. But as each day goes by, we realize how much stronger our love has become and the reasons we chose each other as our partners for life. I wouldn’t change a thing.

I feel so guilty, I normally would have something more planned out for this day, a dinner or movie, but unfortunately, I’ve been highly occupied with a few events coming up. I am sure he’ll enjoy some wine (he's never said no to a few drinks) along with a card mentioning 18 things I love about him….

There really are so many more things I love about Anthony and so many reasons I love him as a person, as my best friend and as my husband and companion forever and ever, so why I limited myself to just 18? I’m not sure, but probably because I would be here forever if I didn’t stop myself somewhere…
1. He means the world to me.
2. He's faithful.
3. His wisdom is abundant.
4. In the 5 years we’ve been together, he never forgets to tell me he loves me…every single day.
5. His smile lights up my soul, He can always lighten things up with his sense of humor- even when I am fuming, he makes me laugh.
6. He stays in a good mood…even when he had a really, bad day...how does he DO that?
7. He’s the kindest person I’ve ever met and he’s such a people person.
8. He helps me and supports me in everything, even when I have some really silly or non-productive ideas in mind… and he never expects more from me than I expect from myself.
9. He makes me great coffee in the morning and he does the dishes... well he loads the dishwasher...that's a start...
10. He’s not handy but sure takes pride in what he does; we have the greenest and healthiest looking lawn in the neighborhood! He also buys all kinds of cleaning products that he actually uses. I think it’s awesome, and funny, it can be annoying at times when he keeps asking...did you take a look at the lawn?, what do you think? It's green, right? I just bought this new cleaning product to try, but I am very proud of his attention to detail and effort to make my life easier.
11. He lets me complain when he leaves his clothes out, but doesn’t complain when I leave mine out Well... I DO have to put them away, don’t I ?.
12. He LOVES to party and like me, for him everything and anything deserves a celebration.
13. No-one treasures, admires, spoils and uncomplicatedly adores our 1 yr old pup "Leo" as much as he does,apart from me, of course.
14. We get a kick out of the smallest things together.
15. He’s the only guy that I know who genuinely enjoys attending so many Broadway Shows.
16. He’s my hottie and he looks great with nothing (in particular) on.
17. My birthday is 2 days before Christmas, and it never seems to bother him I expect him to buy me more than a few gifts…lol.
18. He’s not perfect but he’s mine and I am pretty lucky to have him!

Sometimes with our hectic, busy lives, we tend to forget about the meaningful and beautiful things until somebody actually points them out to us. Nobody knows your partner better then you. So, it’s up to you to remind yourself of the good things and reasons why you married each other and why you stay married. Remembering why you get a big smile on your face and why your heart skips a beat when you see him/her after a few hrs of being away from each other stirs up the emotions. Don’t forget to appreciate the little things and most most importantly do not forget to recognize the reasons you love your spouse. Share those reasons with him/her.

Have a great day!

No comments: