Welcome to our BLOG!

FYEP is an award winning, full time, Event Planning, Design, Consulting and Dessert/Candy Buffets boutique specializing in all types of social, special events, weddings and more. We are committed to unsurpassed customer service, attention to detail and through this process we bring a fresh, contemporary approach to planning events. We are young, innovative, creative, imaginative, classy, fun, modern, chic, unique, happy and sweet and are waiting to assist you on your next event. Get comfy, take a look around and if you have questions, please feel free to contact us or leave a comment. We'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9.28.08 Happy 1st Birthday baby Leo!

So after my husband's birthday celebration this past Sept 27th, I still managed to have some energy left to prepare for our truly pampered pooch, "Leo's" birthday the next day. My RRRuff morning was consumed by baking pupcakes (which were human edible and delish), setting up more party decor in our sun room area (this time puppy theme) and making sure Leo knew the day was all about him...spoiled? nah...

I created a pupcake tower and even let Leo play with some of the batter...I know, I realized this was a WOOF mistake .2 seconds later. So after cleaning the mess up, I let him out to play in the yard while I finished up and a few minutes later Leo had muddy snout and paws ...ahhh bath time!Thank god he loves the tub...

LEO…our first born...LOL "and trust me this has given us a taste of parenting" (pet owners out there would know) has been spoiled since day one. For his birthday he had a fancy evening affair; linens, candlelight, crystal dishes, soft music, catered food for human guests, puppy milk bone favors for the 4 legged guests, pupcake tower, treats and his daddy made him his own boneless grilled steak...a truly elegant affair...believe me when I say Leo had an awesome time; he loves attention and his birthday party was like a load of doggie treats of attention. I will post pics soon...

My mother, while helping me out, kept asking me "Why throw a birthday party for a dog?" I explained to her that it was a way of celebrating all the happys he has brought to our life and how much we care for him and how special he is, and celebrating he is part of our family.
Well I am rambling now...but wanted to share this recipe for the dog lovers out there....

Naturally sweet, colorful and flavorful, this cake is simple and easy to make. Great for Fall time.

Peanut Butter Carrot Cake

1 cup flour1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool. Puree cottage cheese in blender for icing. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots.

Good Luck and Woof appetite!

No comments: